Studio Policies and Etiquette
General Studio Policies
- No refunds.
- No cancellations on memberships.
- Alcohol is not permitted in the studio.
- All new students and guests must sign a waiver prior to participation in classes, parties, workshops, or other events.
- Pets, observers, and children, are not permitted in the studio, only paying students.
- Students appearing to be intoxicated or under the influence will be asked to sit out the class. It’s just too dangerous.
- If this is your first time attending a class or event, please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of class to fill out the necessary paperwork.
- Class/party balances must be paid before leaving the studio. We accept cheque, debit, credit: Mastercard and Visa, but not American Express. We also accept cash, but do not keep change at the studio, therefore, please bring exact change.
- Holds on memberships are only granted for medical reasons. A medical note must be provided to confirm the need for the hold. Minimum of one month hold, to a maximum of 3 months.
- If you cancel your class reservation within 5 hours of class time you will be charged a late cancel fee of $5.00. If you are a "no show" for class you will be charged a "no show" fee of $10.00. If you are on the wait list and make other plans for the evening please cancel your wait list to avoid getting bumped into class and charged the late fee.
- Please do not attempt to instruct your fellow students with current or new movements. Our instructors are trained professionals in their form of dance/fitness, and it is important for everyone’s safety that this rule is respected.
- While first attempting any climbing or inversions, an instructor must be present to spot you.
- The warm ups, and exercises in each level are designed to build your strength and flexibility to attain the moves you are so eager to learn. If you think you are ready to move up a level please consult with your instructor. We require an instructor recommendation for all level changes.
- If you have any injuries (past or current), concerns or contraindications, talk to the instructor before class. This way, the instructor can recommend variations on certain poses during practice to allow you to reap the benefits without unnecessary strain. Speak up if something doesn’t feel right.
- If you arrive late and miss the warm up, you must do 10 push ups and 30 crunches before you will be allowed to join the remainder of class! It is too dangerous to dance without an adequate warm up.
Policies for Private Parties
- Deposits can be refunded in the event of a cancellation of 7 days or more before the party. Each party can be rescheduled once, if given at least a 7 day notice (subject to availability). If you cancel within 7 days, or do not show up, your deposit is forfeited.
- We have several back-to-back parties every weekend. Please know that each party has a designated time slot and once that time is up, you will need to leave the studio.
- If you arrive late to your party or lesson, you will be missing out on your party/lesson. We are unable to delay your party/lesson or add time. Allow plenty of time to commute and park so you get the most out of your party/ lesson. We want you to have a wonderful, positive experience so please show up to your appointment on time. Calling to let us know you are running late does not change this policy.
- Gratuity is a great way to show your party instructor that you had a fabulous time; however it is not required.
- Pictures are permitted and encouraged. Remember to tag us on Facebook!
- Please turn your cell phone ringers off to avoid disrupting your fellow students.
- Excluding “dress up” week, please dress in fitness attire.
- Please bring your own water bottle to help reduce waste from paper cups.
- Please do not interrupt, or walk into a class or party that is in session.
- Please leave all jewelry, rings, watches, etc., at home. These items can gouge your skin as well as cause damage to our poles and the item itself.
- Remember to avoid hand and body oils/lotions on the day of class as they can affect your grip and may cause the poles to become very slippery and dangerous!
- Please store your belongings (purses, shoes, etc) in the student dressing room to reduce clutter and prevent tripping.
- Be respectful and courteous to your instructor. She is instructing because she is a trained professional in her field of dance/fitness.
- Remember that you are sharing the instructor and the class with other students. Don’t monopolize the instructor’s time. They will make their rounds and visit/troubleshoot everyone. Wait for your turn!
- Have a positive attitude! Don’t put down yourself or others!